Intesa Sanpaolo Vita Group approved results as at 30 September 2015 - areapubblica
Intesa Sanpaolo Vita: results as at 30 September 2015 approved
- Life Gross written premiums at 14,981.2 million euro (15,493.9 million euro as at September 2014, -3.3%)
- Life new business at 14,848.7 million euro (15,343.7 million euro as at September 2014, -3.2%)
- Claims paid at 9,614.8 million euro (7,608.0 million euro as at September 2014, +26.4%)
- Investments at 101,467.1 million euro (97,192.8 million euro as at December 2014, +4.4%)
- Insurance provisions at 76,674.5 million euro (74,413.9 million euro as at December 2014, +3.0%)
- Financial liabilities (unit and index linked) at 23,839.7 million euro (20,464.1 million euro as at December 2014, +16.5%)
- Shareholders' equity at 4,881.6 million euro (4,379.4 million euro as at December 2014, +11.5%)
- Net income at 526.1 million euro (403.5 million euro as at September 2014, +30.4%)
Milan, 3 November 2015 - The Board of Directors of Intesa Sanpaolo Vita, chaired by Luigi Maranzana, has approved the results of the Intesa Sanpaolo Vita Insurance Group as at 30 September 2015.
The Intesa Sanpaolo Vita insurance group, under the direction of the Managing Director Nicola Maria Fioravanti, achieved very strong earnings performance in the first nine months of the year, with a 30.4% growth in consolidated net income, which increased from 403.5 million euro in September 2014 to 526.1 million euro in September 2015.
Sales performance was also strong in the first nine months of 2015 thanks to the contribution of the Intesa Sanpaolo Group’s distribution networks: new life business as at September 2015 came to 14,848.7 million euro.
Life Gross written premiums amounted to 14,981.2 million euro compared to 15,493.9 million euro as at September 2014 (-3.3%).
The positive net life business amounting to 5,366.4 million euro  contributed to a 6% increase in the insurance group’s assets under management, which rose from 94,878.0 million euro in December 2014 to 100,514.2 million euro.
The increase in assets under management was recorded both in the insurance provisions and in the financial liabilities relating to index and unit-linked products:
- +3.0% in insurance provisions up from 74,413.9 million euro in December 2014 to 76,674.5 million euro as at September 2015;
- +16.5% in Unit and Index Linked financial liabilities up from 20,464.1 million euro in December 2014 to 23,839.7 million euro as at September 2015.
Investments and cash and cash equivalents grew from 99,753.4 million euro as at the end of December 2014 to 105,999.7 million euro, showing an increase of 6,246.3 million euro (+6.3%)
The insurance group's shareholders' equity stood at 4,881.6 million euro, up by 502.2 million euro (+11.5%) compared to the end of 2014, when shareholders' was at 4,379.4 million euro.
Intesa Sanpaolo Group
Banca dei Territori Media Relations and Local Media