Intesa Sanpaolo Vita: results at 31 March 2015 approved
- Life gross written premium at 5,029.9 €/mln
- Life new business at 4,984.9 €/mln
- Life claims paid at 2,993.4 €/mln
- Investments at 102,785.3 €/mln (79,063.7 €/mln in March 2014 +30%)
- Insurance provisions at 77,458.0 €/mln (62,986.4 €/mln in March 2014 +23.0%)
- Financial liabilities (unit and index linked) at 22,427.0 €/mln (16,879.0 €/mln in March 2014 +32.9%)
- Shareholders’ equity at 4,828.2 €/mln (4,534.3 €/mln in March 2014 +6.5%)
- Net profit at 182.3 €/mln (137.9 €/mln in March 2014 +32.2%)
Milan, 11 May 2015 – The Board of Directors of Intesa Sanpaolo Vita, in the presence of the Chairman, Luigi Maranzana, approved the results of the Intesa Sanpaolo Vita Insurance Group at 31 March 2015.
The Intesa Sanpaolo Vita Insurance Group, under the direction of its Managing Director, Nicola Maria Fioravanti, has achieved significant results.
The end of the first quarter of 2015 has also confirmed the good financial performance in the new financial year, thanks to the contribution of the Intesa Sanpaolo Group's distribution networks: Life new business of March 2015 amounts to 4,984.9 €/mln.
Life gross written premium amounts to 5,029.9 €/mln compared to 5,226.3 €/mln in March 2014 (-3.8%). The insurance group has achieved, in the early months of 2015, a rebalancing of the product mix towards Unit Linked products (branch worth 38% of the total collection of the first quarter 2015 against 19% of the first quarter of 2014).
Life net inflow amounting to 2,036.5 €/mln1, in slight decline compared to the figure of 2,451.1 €/mln recorded in 2014, contributed to the 25% increase of the insurance group's assets under management which climb from 79,865.4 €/mln in March 2014 to 99,804.1 €/mln.
The increase of the assets under management is recorded in both the insurance provisions and in financial liabilities referring to index and unit linked products:
- +23.0% on insurance provisions increasing from 62,986.4 €/mln in March 2014 to 77,458.0 €/mln in March 2015;
- +32.9% on the Unit and Index Linked financial liabilities, increasing from 16,879.0 €/mln in March 2014 to 22,427.0 €/mln in March 2015.
Investments and cash and cash equivalents went from 79,063.7 €/mln at the end of March 2014 to 102,785.3 €/mln with an increase of 23,721.6 €/mln equal to 30%
The excellent performance is also reflected in the consolidated net income which went from 137.9 €/mln of March 2014 to 182.3 €/mln of March 2015 with an increase equal to 32.2%.
The Shareholders’ equity of the insurance group stands at 4,828.2 €/mln, up by 294.0 €/mln (+6.5%) compared to the end of the first quarter 2014 which had recorded a Shareholders’ equity of 4,534.3 €/mln.
Intesa Sanpaolo Group
Ufficio Media Banca dei Territori e Media Locali